I know it's been forever since I posted (brought to my attention by Debra), so here's the run down on my road trip.
My job in the athletic office ended the first weeks of Decomber, so I found myself with some free time before Christmas. At the same time, Brian was going to spend a week in Ligonier getting certified in Wilderness First Response. Not one to sit around the house alone for a week, Brian's co-worker Chrissy ("Y") and I decided to go on a road trip.
We started out in Ohio, at a camp near Columbus where Y worked last year. I got some instruction in horse-back riding from Y, and we got to ride for two days at the farm. The horse I was riding expertly walked my knee into a fence, which Chrissy rold me was my own fault for not steering correctly. I guess I will have to try harder to steer next time! I was fun, though, despite the bruise I got :-)
Next, we headed to Lexington, KY to visit Josh and Megan (my college roommate). We chilled at their house, met their cats, got a tour of UK, did some shopping, had a yummy meal homemade by Megs and played Dutch Blitz until Josh got frustrated with losing and went back to studying for finals. It was a nice, relaxing stop.
The next stop was Chrissy's Grammy and Papaw's house in Tennessee, just outside Smoky Mountain National Park. Grammy spoiled us, cooking anything we wanted (and more!), making sure we always had enough to eat, and having my cup of tea all ready when I got out of bed. Nice! I could have gotten used to that. We spent a few days in the park, driving around and checking out the views, as well as some of the old settlement cabins and churches in Cades Cove. The mountains were very beautiful, and the weather was outstanding! 65 and sunny everyday. It was great to sit in a quiet field, look out at the mountains and eat my lunch.
After a few days in TN, we headed home, passing through NC, VA, WV and back into PA...7 states in all for the week! We made a quick pit stop at the New River Gorge in WV, so I could take a peek at the bridge. After an 8 hour drive, we made it back home, only a few hours before Brian returned from his WFR week. Brian and I spent the rest of the week relaxing and getting prepared for our holiday trip back east. More on that later!
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Was that so hard?!! Deb
Post a Comment