Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Catching Up...

Alright, so we stink at updating our blog. In our defense, though, we never got internet at our house, so we have to be on campus for that. So, we have to wait until we have a little free time at work to post. Today seems to be that day!

Let's see, what's new...January as busy as it was relaxing, if that makes any sense. With the students still on break until the 16th, campus was a ghost town for the first part of the month. I spent my time working back in the Athletic Office on campus, where the secretary I filled in for before the holidays returned and promptly resigned. So, I am here while they are in the hiring process and until they find a replacement.

Brian spent the beginning of January helping build the Titan Traverse climbing wall here in the gym. This is the fulfillment of a dream for TT, and it was fun to be a part of seeing it to fruition. They worked really hard to put up the wall, and it took a whole week of long days to finish it. The grand openind was yesterday, and they had a little ceremony and ribbon cutting with the President and other school officials. We'll be sure to post pictures soon.

At about the same time I started back to the Athletic Office, I was formally offered a part-time counseling position at the pregnancy senter where I have been volunteering. I will be their first counselor on staff...ever. They have only ever had trained "consultants" before. Since I have my Master's, it opens up new opportunities for the center, such as having counseling interns. Funny what a difference a little (and VERY expensive) piece of paper can make. It is pretty exciting, and I am looking forward to being there. Right after I founs out about the job, the director announced that she was leaving the center...this Friday! circumstances for a new opportunity fell into place very quickly for her, and she is moving on. So, we will be without a leader for a while. That should be interesting!

When the students returned, Titan Traverse took their first trip of the semester. The group has grown, with more students joining late last semester, so this was their first trip all together. They headed to a farm in Ohio and spent a few days rock climbing, horse back riding, and sledding. We'll have pics on that soon, too.

Since TT has grown, so has Brian's metor group. I believe they are up to about 15 guys who descend on our house at 10PM every Monday night. Samson gets his fair share of torture when they're here, and they can get pretty rowdy (so much for going to bed early!). It's pretty cool to have the chance to mentor so many young guys, though, so I'll give up my beauty sleep one night a week. :-)

Hmmm...what else. We've been getting lots of snow lately. It snows almost everyday, and the 7 day forcast is calling for snow everyday for the next week. It doesn't always amount to much (1-2 inches here and there), but it keepd the world white and looks very pretty. If it has to be cold, it might as well snow!

I think that's about it for right now. We will try to get some pictures on here soon (I stress the word TRY!).

No comments: