Thursday, December 03, 2009

The Latest on Abby and Joshua

Well, we have been in the new house for nearly two weeks now, and I finally have a moment to post some pictures. They're just of Abby and Joshua for now, but house pictures will come eventually. The house is great. We are enjoying the space, but I am trying to figure out how to keep it all clean! More to come about the house...

The kids have been a challenge lately. Well, one kid in particular terrible two's!). It's been tough for Abby to adjust to a new brother and a new house. She's been very good with Joshua, and she always wants to know where he is and what he's doing. She is a big helper and really seems to like having him around. She has not been sleeping very well, however, and that is leading to some very cranky days. She is also enjoying her new independence in her big girl bed and showed up in our room last night at 1am. The past few days have been better, so we are hoping she is getting more settled. Poor kid, we have uprooted her twice now in the past six months. Who can blame her for being confused. But, enough on that.

Joshua is doing great. He was up to 11 pounds at his 4 week check up. Wow! He eats very well and sleeps like a champ (made it 10:30-7 last night!!). He is starting to be more alert, and smiles at me regularly. It is quite adorable. Word on the street is that he looks just like Brian. Shocking. :-)

Here's the proud big sister checking up on her napping brother. She gets a little overzealous at times and tends to wake him up. Oops!

Abby was never fond of baths when she was a newborn, and neither was Joshua. That is, until I put him in the bathtub with Abby when I didn't have the baby tub at Pop Pop and GaGa's house. He loved it, and we have not used the baby tub since. He looks so relaxed and alert in the tub, and he kicks his little legs the entire time. He looks like a frog trying to swim. We figure he thinks it's like being in the womb, only now he actually has more room to kick! Abby also loves having him in the bath with her, and she washes him for us, while naming all his body parts. Yes, she has noticed the boy/girl difference, but it has not been a big deal at all.



We went to Pop Pop and GaGa's for Thanksgiving day. It was great not to have to pack a ton of stuff for a long weekend like we have been used to. It made for a much more relaxed and enjoyable day. The food was fantastic and it was nice to spend time with family.



We attempted a family photo, with little success. However, this is really more realistic!


I had to get a good picture of the kids for the Christmas cards. I was pleasantly surprised that Abby actually cooperated. This could have been because Playhouse Disney was playing behind me! Regardless, these pics are really cute!



Abby did lose patience with posing eventually, and decided to play peek-a-boo with Joshua instead. I rescued him after this, don't worry!


I know I had a bunch more that I wanted to write down, but I have forgotten what!

2 comments:

jenvare said...

SO cute! I can't wait to see you all again.

chaps said...

Joshua is scrumptious!