Saturday, August 05, 2006
Samson's Big Adventure
We know many of you know that one of our biggest anxieties about moving was how to get Samson (our cat) to ride for six hours in the car. Well, he did great - much better than we expected. After our first day here, he was settled into the house and seeming quite relaxed. He was fascinated by the fact that we now have three doors that go outside, not just one like at our apartment. One day this week, we had some students stop by. Samson came to greet them and then disappeared. It was about an hour later that I realized he was not in the house. I called Brian, and he called the students. Sure enough, he had been waiting at the door when they left, and he just walked out with them. That's when I panicked (just a little). Brian came home with a search party (his co-workers), and we started to walk around the neighborhood shaking his cat treats. About an hour later, one of our searchers looked in the window of an abandoned house next door and saw him sitting inside. When Brian opened the door, he came right to him. We carried him home, and he promptly stretched out on the kitchen floor for a nap. He was completely unphased (unlike us!). So, all the doors now have latches and signs reminding visitors not to let Samson out. That little stinker is still trying his best, though, looking out the screen doors every chance he gets, and just hoping for an opportunity to go exploring again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear that Samson is safe. I'm looking forward to more adventures from the Vares. I posted your blog address on the email prayer chain. Maybe you will get more people stopping in to chat. We miss you guys already!
Love,
Judy
Post a Comment