Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Holidays - Gone and Approaching

Chrissie and I were able to head back to Eastern PA for Thanksgiving. We spent the break with my family. Highlights included celebrating Em's birthday, Scategories, Shopping on Black Friday, Bonfire and running the chainsaw (my highlights), much food, and relaxing time with the fam.

Chrissie and I will be hosting the Titan Traverse Christmas Party at our place this coming Sunday. We expect 20-30 folks for food, fun, and fellowship.

Next week I'll be heading to Ligonier, PA for Staff Seminar and then a 7 day Wilderness First Responder course. It's a lot more than basic first aid, but not as intense as an EMT course. What's fun is that everything is put in the context of "wilderness" and remote settings, so you do what you can with what you have, and work to care for the patient until further medical help can be reached.

While I'm away, Chrissie and Chrissy(my co-worker who we call "Y") will be heading on a road trip. They'll be visiting the camp that Y worked at before coming here. They'll get to ride horses there. They will then head down through Kentucky and into Tennessee to visit friends and family. I'm jealous because I have wanted to visit the Smokey Mountains and Chrissie is going there without me. Poor me ;)

Sorry it's been so long since we've posted... it'll probably happen again, I will not lie. There is much going on, so I'll try to keep this more up to date...

Until then...

No comments: