We saw the surgeon at Children's last week for another check up about Abby's bump. He didn't seem particularly worried about it. He and the radiologist disagree over whether it's a hemangioma or a dermoid cyst. If it's a hemangioma, it will start to shrink over the next 6 months. If it's a cyst, it will not shrink. So, we have decided to leave it be for another six months and see what happens. If it appears to be a cyst by then, we will schedule surgery. All in all, this is great news. It would be wonderful if it did shrink a go away on its own. If Abby does require surgery, though, she will only be under anesthesia for 25-30 minutes, and it is an out-patient procedure. This is much less involved than we expected. Yay! So, for now, we wait. It's funny, when the bump first showed up, I couldn't wait to have it gone. Now, I think I will kind of miss it. It's just a part of her!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is great news guys!
Post a Comment