Monday, July 28, 2008

Bump Update

We saw the surgeon at Children's last week for another check up about Abby's bump. He didn't seem particularly worried about it. He and the radiologist disagree over whether it's a hemangioma or a dermoid cyst. If it's a hemangioma, it will start to shrink over the next 6 months. If it's a cyst, it will not shrink. So, we have decided to leave it be for another six months and see what happens. If it appears to be a cyst by then, we will schedule surgery. All in all, this is great news. It would be wonderful if it did shrink a go away on its own. If Abby does require surgery, though, she will only be under anesthesia for 25-30 minutes, and it is an out-patient procedure. This is much less involved than we expected. Yay! So, for now, we wait. It's funny, when the bump first showed up, I couldn't wait to have it gone. Now, I think I will kind of miss it. It's just a part of her!

1 comment:

chaps said...

that is great news guys!