Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Parade

Yesterday was the Halloween parade in town, so we got Abby all dressed up and went with some friends. I think Abby somehow knew we were doing something exciting, because she completely protested her afternoon nap, choosing to fuss and talk in her crib for over and hour before we threw in the towel and got her up. So, I got the joy of trying to put a Halloween costume on a grumpy, tired, hungry, wiggly toddler. Good times. As you can see, though, the end result was quite adorable.



Trying to take pictures of Abby has also grown increasingly difficult, and this was no exception. She did not want to wear her hat, so one of us would get ready with the camera while the other put the hat on her head and quick jumped out of the picture. We got a few before she ripped it off her head.


The whole ensemble


Abby started out riding in the backpack with Dad, but when the firetrucks came down the street in the parade, she wanted her Mom.


This is the whole reason Abby was a cat for Halloween.




And a very tired, chilly Abby after the parade. She almost dozed off on the way home. All it took was some mac and cheese to perk her up again!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abby's SO cute!
I love the MEOW!

Anonymous said...

Owww never gets boring! Love the new background for your website!

Love,
Becky

The Scott Family said...

She's just too cute! Love the costume! I agree with Becky...the new background is really nice!

jenvare said...

Abby's just too cute! And she played the role so well with her "meow".
I like the new background. It suits your artisticness.

Auntie Jen

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

My girls have the same cat shirt...gotta love Target!