Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The S's Have It

I'm going to try my hand at some alliteration today, in an effort to give you a rundown of some of the interesting things going on here lately.

Showers: It has been raining. A lot. I am thankful that it is not hot and muggy, because I know that's coming soon. However, we miss going outside. Come to think of it, we might miss going outside when it does get hot and muggy, and instead take refuge in the air conditioning! This is the first time I have ever lived in a place with central air (except for one summer). Can you believe that? I think I am going to come to really appreciate it as the summer gets hotter and my belly gets bigger!

Swim lessons: Abby and I started swim lessons at the local Y this week. We're taking a Waterbabies class, which basically means parents and their little kiddos swim around, sing songs, and try to get the kids used to the water. Abby doesn't seem to need to get used to it, as she insisted for the entire half an hour that I put her down. Down where? The water was 4 feet deep or so! Silly kiddo. Her favorite part was when she got to jump off the side of the pool into the water. She could have done that all day. Daredevil? I think so! Fear of water? Definitely not!

Sentences: Abby has started speaking in sentences. I know every kid does this, but when it's your own, it is quite entertaining. The other night, she was drinking her milk before bed and she put the milk down and told me, "Done milk. Night, Mommy." So cute! Tonight, I asked her if she wanted to eat some dinner and she said, "No, Mommy, I don't." Oh, well, excuse me!

Split Pants: Anyone know what these are? I happened upon a blog at one time written by a missionary mom living in China. She explained what they were. I'm glad, since I would have had no idea what the little kid on the playground this week was wearing had I not read that. Here you go...a split pants example.
This is apparently the way Chinese kids are potty-trained. Interesting. Anyway, it was pretty funny to see a little kid with his hieney haniging out on the playground. I kept watching to see how he would go down the slide. Ouch! He never did. Maybe next time.

Shopping: We are starting to shop for houses. We have spoken to a mortgage broker and gotten a realtor lined up. Next up, start looking at houses. Anyone have any advice about the differences of living in south NJ versus PA? Driving across the bridge every day is pretty expensive, but we really like PA. Hmm...thoughts are welcomed!

and last, but not least...

Squirts: That's right, Abby has had a tummy virus this week, and we have been up to our elbows in excrement. Poor kiddo. She seems to be on the mend today, though, and neither Brian nor I have caught it yet. Whew!

So, there you go...The good, the bad and the stinky of our week. Because I know you wanted to know. :-D

No comments: