Friday, January 08, 2010

Potty Time!

Oh yes, potty training time has come to the Vare household! We were waiting until after the move and the holidays to start giving it a go, and Abby conveniently saw her friend 'Siah over the weekend, who is potty trained. She told me she wanted to wear underwear like 'Siah, so I figured this was as good a time as any. We started out on Tuesday wearing big girl underwear and sitting on the potty every 15 minutes. There were a few accidents that day. Yesterday, I realized Abby was getting confused about the difference between underwear and a diaper, so we ditched them for bare cheeks. Since then, there has been no accidents at all (okay, it's only been a day, I know). Abby has been very good about either telling me when she has to go to the bathroom or just going to the potty herself. She even made a poop in the potty today!


As great as this all is, now we are facing a problem I didn't forsee...how to get her to stop going to the potty! She seems to have realized that using the potty results in a prize. So, she tinkled about 7 times in less than an hour today, each time making a big fanfare about dumping the tinkle in the big toilet and flushing, washing hands, and then getting a sticker. Hmmm...I wonder what unexpected challenges tomorrow will offer!

Abby's potty training uniform...it's cold, so she is wearing my wool socks as leg warmers! Too cute!

3 comments:

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenvare said...

GO Abby!!!
GO brave Chrissie!!!

chaps said...

that is ONE adorable picture! The socks are brilliant.