I know it’s been a long time since we have posted anything, and we keep promising to post once a week. We have good intentions! Things have been a little crazy lately with lots of transitions going on, more for me than Brian. I finished my job in the Registrar’s Office on October 10. It was very strange to leave, since I really enjoyed my co-workers. It was pretty clear that the job was not for me, though, and it was the right thing to move on. The ladies in the office took myself and the new employee out to lunch (Rachel’s…YUM!), and they also gave me a gift certificate to the college bookstore. I had told them how much I love my Grove City hoodie (who doesn’t love a hoodie??). Well, no one here seems to like GCC very much, so I am not too excited about wearing that sweatshirt on campus. Westminster sweatshirts are sooo expensive, so they gave me the gift certificate so I could get one. Very nice.
At the end of that week, we had Fall Break, so we headed to NJ to visit my family. We had a lovely drive across route 80, with the trees showing their fall colors. Everything changed when we got to Jersey, though. TRAFFIC!!! We have gotten used to the lack of traffic here really quickly. But, once we got there, we had a nice weekend. It was my little brother Paulie’s 5th birthday, and he was so excited to celebrate with his big brothers and sisters. We went out to a great classic Jersey diner for dinner and had cake and gifts. Paulie is the sweetest little guy, and I get a big kick out of seeing him. He wanted me to sit next to him all the time…in the car and the diner. It’s nice to be loved!
In my time off after my job ended, I started volunteering at a crisis pregnancy center in Slippery Rock. I am there twice a week, and I am going to be involved in their parenting group. I am enjoying it so far, and excited to see where it might lead. I also helped the local florist do a bridal show. She has only been in business for a year, and felt she could use some help with the show. So, I spent a few days with her, and then did the show this weekend. It was fun, and I enjoyed getting to do something creative again.
My life of leisure did not last very long. The college called again right away with another opportunity to fill in, and of course they wanted me to start right away. So, as of this Monday, I am the temporary secretary in the athletic department. It’s a lot different down here than the other office I was in - lots of people in and out all day, but still not too much to do. I hear things will pick up, though. I better enjoy the quiet while it lasts.
So, that is the extent of our whirlwind over the past few weeks. Brian is going to post about his weekend in West Virginia, so I will let him fill you in!
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chrissie and Brian,
You are quite funny with your commentary on the cat! Life does have its way of making itself exciting!
I am thankful that you are using your floral design talents, Chrissie. You are so blessed with a gentle eye - able to choose soft accents to bring out the best!
Congratulations on you temp job! The Lord provides for us in the most mysterious ways!
Be blessed today!
I @ Sinyangwe's
Post a Comment