Thursday, June 05, 2008

Uncle Paulie

We traveled back to NJ this past weekend for my future sis-in-law's bridal shower and my brother's bachelor party. It was an eventful trip, starting out with blowing a brand new tire on Route 80 at 70 MPH. Good times. All was well, though, and Abby and I had the unique experience of hanging out on the median between the two lanes of Route 80 and watching all the trucks go by while we waited for AAA. All she wanted to do was eat rocks, and I spent the better part of an hour trying to intercept the rocks between the ground and her mouth. I admit, I failed on a few occasions, but a little dirt won't hurt her. :-)

The rest of the weekend went better, and one of the highlights was seeing Uncle Paulie. Abby can finally interact and play with Paulie, so this was a whole new experience for both of them. We discovered that Paulie loves to be chased around Opa and GiGi's apartment (to Opa's chagrin!), and Abby loves to chase him, even though she needs some help. Listen to her laugh!



It's fun to go and visit family, and I wish we could have stayed longer. Abby and I will get the opportunity to spend the week before the wedding in NJ in July, though. I will be working on the wedding flowers, and Abby will be making her grandparents very happy babysitters.

Next up, though, is Abby's very first camping trip to New River Gorge, WV. We leave next week. It will be a whole new experience for all of us! Stay tuned to hear how it goes...

No comments: