Sunday, February 01, 2009

I know not everyone has cats, but our Boo cracks us up all the time, and I couldn't resist sharing her quirks.

Boo is the younger of our two cats. We got her right before Abby was born, and they are good buddies. Boo came to us from our friend, Cory, who rescued her abandoned mom. When we first saw her, we all remarked on how rotund she seemed. Sure enough, she had kittens a few weeks later. Poor Cory, who is not a cat person, found himself with 6 cats and a husky who was eager to "play" with (or eat!) them.

We were there when the kittens were born, and it was really a cool thing to see. Boo was the first to be born, and the mother had left her on a stair step, then went the rest of the way up to have the rest of the kittens. Boo would never had made it to her. Fortunately, I had been watching "Emergency Vets" a lot at that time. I know, I'm a dork. So, we picked her up, rubbed her down good with a towel, kept her warm until the mom had all the kittens, then made sure she fought her way to some milk. She was also the runt of the litter.

I don't know if it was her rough start or what, but Boo is quite "special", as you can see in the below video.


Right after she was born


Boo still sleeps like this. We can't let her sleep with us, because she purrs very loudly and licks our eyelids. Weird.
Boo today. We often find her sleeping in very interesting places and positions.
This is the main reason for a Boo post. Abby loves Baby Einstein, known as Baby E at our house. She watches it a few times a week, and every time we pop in a video, Boo comes running out of nowhere to watch it, too. Boo doesn't do this with any other television, just Baby E. She never misses a showing. Strange, strange kitty.




2 comments:

jenvare said...

You've just got to LOVE Boo.

Anonymous said...

This is just TOO cute!