This is a head's up to any other toddler moms out there...DO NOT leave your purse unattended within reach of a toddler! I was staying with family this weekend, and Abby and I were getting ready to head home. The car was packed, my purse was by the door, and I had to hit to bathroom quick before we left (third trimester in action!). When I returned from the bathroom, Abby had my keys. When we walked out to the car, it was running. She had turned it on with the remote starter. Doh!
Later, we were having dinner with friends and Abby was playing with their daughter. I turn from eating to find Abby with my purse again, this time taking pieces of Trident out of a pack of gum. Yikes! Brian went to take it away, and reported that she had not eaten any of it. Fast forward to about 11:30 pm, when Abby woke up calling for Mommy. She seemed fine, but called for us every 20 minutes or so for an hour. The last time I went in to check on her, she had a dirty diaper. I figured that was what had been bothering her. As I was changing her, I noticed the diaper looked strange and smelled very unusual. I put her back to bed, and took the diaper out to the kitchen to investigate. Yes, to those of you who are not yet parents, diapers get investigated often when you have a baby! As I looked at the diaper, I identified the strange smell...mint! And then I saw a shred of a Trident wrapper. Uh oh. I looked through my purse and found that, indeed, there seemed to be several pieces of gum missing from the pack. Is eating gum bad for a kid? No idea, so of course I had to Google it. Apparently, she will be fine, though sugarless gum is a laxative. Explains the middle of the night change. On the up side, every diaper since yesterday has been minty fresh!
Oh, and today, just for fun, Abby stuck a pea up her nose at lunch. Sigh...is this the terrible twos?!
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We're not lucky enough to have a remote starter!!!
Better gum in the poop than the hair, right?
Yeah...wish the diapers I change smelled like that! ;)
No pictures for this blog entry???
Post a Comment