Sunday, September 27, 2009

U2

Nothing like an exciting, late night out to make me feel kind of old and really, really pregnant! The Vare siblings, plus the token brunette sis-in-law (me) headed to the Meadowlands to see U2 this past Thursday night. We have been looking forward to this concert since we got tickets in the early spring. We left Abby with Grandma and Grandpa and headed up early to beat the traffic. And beat it, we did, arriving in the parking lot close to 3 hours before the concert started. We ate dinner and had a good time watching the other tailgaters. Concerts are great for people-watching.

After being frisked by security and asked by multiple security guards to please not go into labor at the concert (I'm only about 4 weeks away from my due date), we got to our awesome seats. Perfect view, first row, and no chance of anyone tall atanding in front of me. Yay!


This is the third U2 concert Brian and I have been to together, and every one of them was awesome. They can really put on a show. We had a great time!



Before the concert was over, they announced that they had set a record that night for the most people ever in Giants Stadium at one time. We believed it once we tried to get out of the parking lot. Total chaos, but we made it. All part of the experience. As for me, I hope next time U2 tours, I will not be quite so pregnant! I was exhausted by the time we got home!

No comments: