These are just some observations that we've made since moving here. Hopefully, it will give you an idea of what the area is like, and what we love about being here.
1. No traffic!!!
2. Even if there was traffic, we don't drive anywhere. The last time I sat in my car was almost a week ago.
3. The Amish are cool. They make GREAT donuts. Even after two months of living here, I still run to the window when I hear a buggy going past the house.
4. There are hitching posts at all the stores, for the buggies.
5. We have road apples, LOTS of them, in the road. :-)
6. People here are SO friendly. They actually seem genuinely happy to see you, and interested in what you have to say.
7. When we were in college, we often talked about how awesome it would be to be in college and not have to go to class or do homework. Well, when I am walking across campus in the evening, fresh from a swim in the rec pool, and I see students in class, I think we are living the dream!
9. NO MORE HOMEWORK!!!!!!
8. The perks of working at a college are great. There are lots of cool, cheap things to do on campus. Sports, free movies (complete with free popcorn!), concerts, etc. There's never a dull moment!
9. After four years in the city, we can finally see the stars at night again!
10. The mist in the valleys, lit by a full moon, is a beautiful sight.
11. We can be in the woods in a matter of minutes. Yay!
12. Blowing off an afternoon of chores to go hiking - excellent!
13. Pittsburgh is a really neat city. Unlike Philly, it kind of sneaks up on you when you're driving into it. One minute you're in the woods, and the next, you're right smack in the city. Hooray for no urban sprawl!
14. We love Rachel's (GGC grads, you know what we mean!)
15. We can be at the GCCOC cabin in 40 minutes.
16. Students are funny, and they do very entertaining things. Unfortunately, they also dump trash in our yard. Gotta take the good with the bad!
Alright, back to work. I know there's more for the list, but we'll have to add then as we think of them.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm getting jealous! I always thought that college was like summer camp plus homework. You have it down to summer camp!!!! Very cool!!
Post a Comment