Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Job Update

Here are job updates for both of us...

Brian - Loves his job and is having a blast. That's pretty much it. :-)

Chrissie - As you may have read previously, I have been working temporarily in the Registrar's Office at the college for the past 6(?) weeks. When the position was posted for a permanent replacement, I did apply. I was really hoping to get it until I heard some of the details. One of the dealbreakers was NO vacation until after the first year. So, basically, I would sit at my computer for a year and watch Brian go play in the woods. I don't think so.

So, the day after my interview, I turned the job down. Of course, there were other reasons besides the vacation time. Brian and I talked and prayed a lot about it, and felt the God was leading me to a position where I would be able to better use my schooling and gifts. It was really hard to turn down a sure thing, but we know we made the right decision.

As it turns out, the Registrar (my boss) is a very nice, Godly woman. She attends church in Grove City, and her pastor's wife works at a crisis pregnancy center in Slippery Rock. So, I was put in contact with the director there, who I met with yesterday. We had a great meeting, and I am going to start volunteering there a day or two a week. I am hoping that the volunteering will turn into something more, and the director seems to be hoping for that as well. However, I have no idea what the time frame will look like or what will happen next.

So, when this position ends, I will be heading into Slippery Rock a day or two a week. I will still also be looking for a part-time paid position in order to help out the finances a little. For all of you who have been praying for my job situation...thanks! God is doing something. I still don't have any clue what the end result will be, but it's been an interesting ride so far!

2 comments:

chaps said...

Hi Chrissie, we have been praying for you two and are looking forward to seeing God's plans for you unfold!

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased to hear you didn't settle just b/c of finances. God will provide and I'm glad you're taking this leap of faith! May you both continue to be stretched and grow in Him!!!
SisterJen