Sunday, March 30, 2008

Solid Foods!

We started Abby on solid foods this past week. I have learned a lot in a week. For instance, babies need to be taught to eat food. Teaching them consists of shoveling food into their mouths, letting them spit it out, wiping their face, and then shoveling the next bite in. It starts feeling a little silly after a few bites, really, but that's how they learn, right? So, Abby started this week with rice cereal. She did pretty well and seemed to be getting the hang of it by the end of the week. Here are a few pics.


Then, today we decided to throw her a curveball and try sweet potatoes. She made some pretty funny faces at first, and she spit a lot of it out. The nice thing about rice cereal is that it is colorless. Sweet potatoes, however, are a different story. I think we both need to wear rain slickers or something. :-) Well, you can see for yourself...


I thought, just to make things more interesting, that I would make Abby's baby food. This week, we tackled making sweet potatoes and pears. It was pretty easy, but again, the potatoes were pretty messy. We have plenty stored up in the freezer, though, so we should be good for a few weeks.

2 comments:

chaps said...

So much fun! Sam loved avocado and sweet potatoes.

jenvare said...

She looks adorable no matter what color the baby food is all over her face!