Saturday, March 28, 2009

Abby's Antics

Abby has been such a joy lately. I love all the different stages she goes through. Currently, she is parroting everything we say, and she even answers simple questions. It's so fun to have a "conversation" with her! She's also been a total goofball, which is nothing different from the norm. Now, though, she is becoming a wiley toddler, and she's keeping us on our toes!

Lately, Abby has been watching cartoons while I take a shower in the morning. She runs into the bathroom every once in a while to see what I'm up to. She's been very good. Yesterday morning, she didn't come to see me while I was in the shower, so I wondered what was up. This is what I found after my shower...Abby has been using her shopping cart to "shop" in the kitchen cupboards. She found this can of peanuts, and decided to try them while I was in the shower. Oops! Bad mom! Look at her chipmunk cheeks full of nuts! She was just sucking on them, since she still has no molars, and she took the opportunity to spit them out when I asked her to. No more nuts for Abby for a while!

Note that Abby is also wearing a pair of my underwear around her neck as a cape. She has been doing that every time I fold laundry lately. She even puts underwear on the cats. Hmm...

This morning was a lazy Saturday morning, so I caught a late shower. Abby came in to check on me as usual and popped her head behind the curtain. She looked surprised when water hit her, and she laughed. I asked her if she wanted to come in, and she said yes. So, I stuck her right in with me, fully clothed! She loved it and was fascinated by the water. Brian grabbed the camera, and was very nice not to get me in any of the pictures (hey, I might run for President someday or something!). Abby, of course, got a fresh set of clothes after her shower. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super Abby!

Hope things are going well!

Becky

Deb said...

You put your knickers on the internet!! Hee hee!