It's been simultaneously low-key and busy around here lately, if that's possible. All three of us were down and out for a total of two weeks with bad colds, so things were pretty quiet. It's amazing how little gets done when everyone feels yucky. I'm going to be catching up on housework for weeks!
Then, we got news that Grandma V. broke her foot and hip in a fall (she's doing okay, don't worry!), so we headed out East for a long weekend to visit and help out. It was great to visit with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jen and Aunt Emily, and Abby entertained us all by getting into anything and everything. Sometimes we call her Abby-nado (like a tornado), because she can tear through a house so fast, leaving a trail of destruction in her path. We did a lot of chasing this weekend! We also discovered the wonders of a DVD player in the car. What did our parents do without these?! Abby is a great traveler, but I wasn't feeling very well this weekend, and the DVD player gave me some respite from entertaining Abby. This one was borrowed from friends, but I think we might be purchasing one after this trip!
Since Abby got over this cold, she has been wound up a lot of the time. She has so much energy! She loves moving the chairs all around the kitchen. I never know when one is going to mysteriously end up in my way. She's also been babbling at us with such earnestness, using hang gestures and all, even though what she's saying is completely unintelligible. We just nod and act like we know what's going on. The cats get that treatment from her, too, though she is usually yelling at them and ends her babbling in a firm "no!". They're probably confused and have no idea what they keep doing wrong. Those are just a few of the highlights that keep our days interesting.
Abby has also learned to spin in a circle. I'm sure you can imagine how that ends up...
I would love to say that things are going to get back to normal around here, but it is not so. Brian is heading out on Friday for his last Spring Break trip with the students. It's a special trip to Brian, since it was his idea, and the four guys going with him are really excited. They will be traveling by minivan and stopping in (let's see if I can remember it all) TX, the Grand Canyon, catching a sunset over the Pacific Ocean, spending a night in Las Vegas, stopping in Utah and Colorado and making their way home...all in 9 short days. It should be an interesting trip! I can only imagine what the minivan will smell like when they return...yikes! Abby and I are staying put here and spending some time with Pop Pop and GrandMarie, who are very nicely coming out to keep us company while Brian is gone. It may not be as exciting as a cross-country trip, but we'll have a good time, too...and we'll probably smell better! :-)
Then, we got news that Grandma V. broke her foot and hip in a fall (she's doing okay, don't worry!), so we headed out East for a long weekend to visit and help out. It was great to visit with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jen and Aunt Emily, and Abby entertained us all by getting into anything and everything. Sometimes we call her Abby-nado (like a tornado), because she can tear through a house so fast, leaving a trail of destruction in her path. We did a lot of chasing this weekend! We also discovered the wonders of a DVD player in the car. What did our parents do without these?! Abby is a great traveler, but I wasn't feeling very well this weekend, and the DVD player gave me some respite from entertaining Abby. This one was borrowed from friends, but I think we might be purchasing one after this trip!
Since Abby got over this cold, she has been wound up a lot of the time. She has so much energy! She loves moving the chairs all around the kitchen. I never know when one is going to mysteriously end up in my way. She's also been babbling at us with such earnestness, using hang gestures and all, even though what she's saying is completely unintelligible. We just nod and act like we know what's going on. The cats get that treatment from her, too, though she is usually yelling at them and ends her babbling in a firm "no!". They're probably confused and have no idea what they keep doing wrong. Those are just a few of the highlights that keep our days interesting.
Abby has also learned to spin in a circle. I'm sure you can imagine how that ends up...
I would love to say that things are going to get back to normal around here, but it is not so. Brian is heading out on Friday for his last Spring Break trip with the students. It's a special trip to Brian, since it was his idea, and the four guys going with him are really excited. They will be traveling by minivan and stopping in (let's see if I can remember it all) TX, the Grand Canyon, catching a sunset over the Pacific Ocean, spending a night in Las Vegas, stopping in Utah and Colorado and making their way home...all in 9 short days. It should be an interesting trip! I can only imagine what the minivan will smell like when they return...yikes! Abby and I are staying put here and spending some time with Pop Pop and GrandMarie, who are very nicely coming out to keep us company while Brian is gone. It may not be as exciting as a cross-country trip, but we'll have a good time, too...and we'll probably smell better! :-)
1 comment:
Love it! Part of what makes it so funny is Brian laughing in the background. :)
Post a Comment