Monday, March 16, 2009

Where in the U.S. is Brian V.? Day 3

Okay, so I skipped Day 2. I was tired. :-)

Anyway...Brian is on Day 3 of his cross-country adventure. He did indeed go to dinner at a steakhouse in TX that picked them all up at their tent in a complimentary limo, complete with longhorns on the front. Sounds very Texas to me! Brian said he had a great steak and made the guys all try Rocky Mountain Oysters...yuck! He claims they were not that bad.

After a good night's sleep, they set off yesterday morning for the Grand Canyon, which pretty much took them all day. I'm not sure where they stayed the night, as Brian's cell phone cut out after only a few minutes when I talked to him today. He said the Grand Canyon is too beautiful for words. I can't wait to see the pictures! He said they are having a very good time and the van smells already. I so called that. :-)

As far as I know, the guys are now on their way to the Pacific Ocean, I believe just south of L.A. They are going to drive through the night in order to get there fast. After checking out the ocean and taking a dip just to say that they did it, they are planning to head to Las Vegas where they will spend tomorrow night. Sounds like a whirlwind to me!

Things are status quo here at home. My dad and step-mom are here to help out, and I am very glad to have them! What a change for me to come home from work to dinner already made and waiting for me! Tomorrow is Abby's 18 month check up, and that's about it. Not quite as exciting as a cross-country trip, but it definitely smells better here! :-)

No comments: