Abby and I have been busy busy lately, which is partly why I have been dreadful at posting to the blog. I have been wanting to record some of the funny things she's doing right now, so I am going to do it here and share them with you. :-)
We are still doing swim lessons, and Abby is insistent for the entire half hour that she would rather be jumping off the wall into the pool than learning how to swim. She is getting good at kicking and splashing her hands, though not at the same time. Baby steps!
We have also discovered storytime at the library, and it is awesome. I have realized that I am the mom with the kid who will not sit still. Every time we go, Abby spends the half hour jumping up and down (her form of dancing) or spinning in a circle. I have to grab her when she runs by just to get her to stay nearby. Today, she even went up to the front to "help" the instructor. Mom and Dad...does this sound familiar?? :-) She is learning the motions to "If you're happy and you know it" and "The wheels on the bus", and I am just tickled every time I see her do it (it's the little things!). Today, after every song, she clapped her hands and yelled, "Good job, guys!" The other moms were nice enough to comment about her being a very happy little girl. Indeed she is, and she is not shy in the least!
I have noticed when Abby plays with other kids her age that she is really very coordinated and not as cautious as a lot of other children. She's a little daredevil. She has mastered the playground outside, and doesn't even need our help with much anymore. She is a little climber, to boot, and determined to climb the playground. I think this trait is going to bring us many interesting and hair-raising moments.
Abby is still exanding her eating habits. She loves to try new things, and totally got her tastebuds from me (and not Dad!). Today, she chowed down on roasted red pepper hummus and cucumbers (which she calls pickles). When Brian got home from work, he commented that her breath smelled like garlic. Indeed, it did. Poor guy, surrounded by garlic-loving women. :-)
When Abby wears a dress or has a clip in her hair, she checks herself out in the mirror and thinks she's hot stuff. She also loves showing Brian when she looks pretty. Love this!
Abby has always hated having her teeth brushed. Lately, I decided to try to make it fun for her, and see if she is into being a "big girl" yet. We got her a stepstool for the bathroom, and now she pushes it up to the sink and yells "big girl!" when she brushes her teeth. Yay! We also set up her "big girl" bed today, so we will see if she follows suit with that.
Lately, Abby will walk over to a sleeping Boo and sit on her. Boo just looks squashed and sits there until she manages to wiggle free. She is a good cat. I am not a good cat owner, because I think this is funny. :-D
Abby also likes to yell at the cats. I often hear her in a bedroom, yelling, "No! Go 'way, Boo!"
I love to watch Abby eat bananas. She thinks holding onto the banana and peeling it is the best thing since sliced bread.
Abby is suddenly terrified of bugs. I have no idea why. She calls all bugs "bees" or "beetles". Regardless, she hates them. She will stand stock still and cry if she thinks one is on her. Very strange coming from two parents who don't mind bugs!
Abby's birthday is coming up, and I have been working on making her invitations. Whenever she sees them, she yells "birthday!" I don't think she knows what a birthday is, but she sure is excited about it...probably mostly because Nemo is on the invite. :-)
I know there are so many more things I wanted to recall, but that's the best I can do for tonight. Maybe I will add to the post as I remember. For now, I am enjoying the time we have left before the baby comes, when it is still just Abby and I at home during the day. I know these are special days, and I am trying to make the most of them! I feel very blessed to be able to spend so much time with her. She is growing up so fast!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love hearing about these little and big things that you are seeing Abby experience!
And yes, you are blessed, but Abby is also blessed with having a wonderful mom and a great dad.
wow! you can recall so much! I loved her reaction to bugs!
Post a Comment