Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fun Times

Abby has been so much fun lately. She is getting to be such a goofy girl! She crawls around, waving her head around and laughing. She is talking up a storm, too. She says "woof" to every animal that is not a cat. I think she has decided that if it's not a cat, it must be a dog. We gave her a little taste of ice cream the other night, and she said "yummy!". She also has been saying hi, what's that?, nana (banana), bye, and a few other things that are not coming to mind right now. Last night, she was eating chicken and when someone asked her if she was eating chicken, she put her hands under her armpits and flapped her arms like a chicken. It was hilarious! Where did she pick that up??

Yesterday we had an interesting moment. Abby plays in the hallway right off of
our living room. I was folding laundry in the living room, and she wandered into the hallway. I could hear what she was up to, so I finished what I was folding before I followed her to supervise. I walked into an empty hallway. What...where did she go?? Halfway up the stairs!! Ack! She had never even gone near the steps before...I had no idea she could even climb stairs. Well, apparently she can! The baby gates went up immediately after. I'm going to have to keep my eye on that little rascal.

Here are some pics from our fun weekend.


Hanging around and playing in bed on Saturday morning.


Playing outside at the cabin on Saturday.

I have been trying to capture the next picture for months. Our friends jokingly sent us this onesie before Abby was born. They (and anyone else who knows me) know I am about the last person who would ever be a cheerleader. I had to let them know Abby was unhappy about the idea as well!
I told them that for revenge, I was going to send them a "Little Democrat" onesie for their daughter. They said bad things would happen to it. :-)

2 comments:

Christina Vare said...

Cory taught her the chicken... she modeled after him!
Me

jenvare said...

Ha! I love the picture of your little future cheerleader!