So, Abby had not one, but two doctor appointments today! Yes, we are crazy. :-)
At 4 months, Abby is 13 lbs. 9 oz and 25 inches long. The doctor says that's great. She is in the 50th and 75th percentiles, respectively. She had her 4 months shots, too. She cried, mom cried...it was lots of fun. Being a mom has turned me into a total wuss! I get teary when she smiles, I get teary when she laughs, I get teary when she sleeps like a little angel and I get teary when she is hurting. How do I find time for anything else?!? :-) Ha ha!
We also went down to Children's today to see the plastic surgeon. He was a funny guy...kind of arrogant in a confident way (I've heard that about surgeons), but funny and nice. He seems certain that "the bump" is a dermoid cyst. He doesn't like to remove them before age one, so we will meet with him again in July to schedule the surgery for when she is 12 or 13 months old. Until then, we are just going to watch it and let him know if anything changes. We're relieved to have an answer and a plan of attack. We're also glad the doctors don't seem overly concerned about it.
It's been a long day...more pictures soon, but for now, I'm going to enjoy a cup of tea before bed.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment