Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Resolution

A new year calls for a new start on our blog! Now that we have internet at home, it will hopefully be easier to keep up with posting. We have a lot more to talk about now, too, with the addition of Miss Abigail to our family. I'm sure we will be posting lots of pictures!

Let's see...we haven't posted since last March (so shameful!), so there has been a lot going on that we haven't blogged about. A little recap...In short, last year was just wonderful! We are more at home here in Western PA, we have found a church we like, Brian still loves his job and I am happy working part-time at a crisis pregnancy center. Brian has been forming some awesome relationships with the guys on campus, especially as this is their second year together. He now leads mentor group once a week, as well as a "Wild at Heart" group and a Bible study (I think I got it all...I can't keep up with his schedule!). He took an awesome trip to the Adirondacks with the students over the summer (so jealous...I sat home, 8 months pregnant!), and there are more trips coming this semester. The most exciting part of our year, however, was obviously the arrival of Abby. I loved being pregnant, and had an uncomplicated pregnancy. The birth followed suit, and we have been very blessed by our little girl, who is 4 months old this week! It has gone by very quickly. It's been a big adjustment for Brian and I, but it has been worth every moment. Abby can melt our hearts with every smile. We're going to have to develop backbones before long, or we are in for it!! Anyway, that's the long and short of it, as the saying goes.

As I write this, Abby is sound asleep in her crib in her own room for the very first night. She has been sleeping in her bassinet in our room up until now. It will be strange not to have her close by tonight, and I think it might be harder on mom and dad than on her! We better turn in soon, in case she decides this new sleeping arrangement is less than satisfactory!

Goodnight all...We hope to be better about keeping in touch.

No comments: